Do you need to allow users to submit some content based on a fixed template? You might want to allow random visitors to publish articles or images or other content to your WordPress website. How about being able to allow visitors to compose articles and then submit it as draft post for approval?
Why this article? A user on an Internet marketing forum asking about a WordPress plugin that would allow my visitors to fill out a form and post pictures of things they want to sell. “Something that would have a few input fields they could fill out so other visitors searching my site would be able to search the fields.”
User Submitted Posts is the WordPress plugin that allows your visitors to submit posts and images on your website. I have used it once to set up a press release website for a friend. He wanted to allow registered users (public relations guys) to submit their press releases along with images, but he also wanted to moderate the articles before publishing. So all the submitted articles using theUser Submitted Posts plugin form were saved as “drafts” in his WordPress site. He would then check the content and publish them. It made his job a lot easier as he had to just review the content and hit the “Publish” button.
User Submitted Posts adds a simple form on a page or post using template tag or shortcode that enables your visitors to submit posts. You can also include tags, categories, post titles, etc. The plugin can submit posts as draft, publish them immediately, or after a user has reached a certain number of approved posts. It also allows users to upload images. All of it can be easily controlled and customized using the plugin’s settings page.
- Let visitors submit posts from anywhere on your site
- Use template tag or shortcode to display the submission form anywhere
- Latest version includes customizable captcha and hidden field to stop spam
- Post submissions may include title, tags, category, author, url, post and image(s)
- Redirect user to anywhere or return to current page after successful post submission
- Includes a set of template tags for displaying and customizing user-submitted posts
- New HTML5 submission form with streamlined CSS styles